Bettah Bettas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bettah Bettas

A place to learn about bettas and share your finned friends.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Aquarium heater placement

Go down 
+4
nochoramet
vaygirl
1fish2fish
LionCalie
8 posters

Where do you place the heater?
Beside the filter
Aquarium heater placement Vote_lcap100%Aquarium heater placement Vote_rcap
 100% [ 8 ]
Opposite end from filter
Aquarium heater placement Vote_lcap0%Aquarium heater placement Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
LionCalie

LionCalie

Aquarium heater placement Empty
PostSubject: Aquarium heater placement   Aquarium heater placement EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 12:43 am

I have always put my aquarium heaters on the opposite end from the filter. However, I recently bought a Top Fin 10 gallon kit that came with a surprisingly useful starter guide. It actually has correct *le gasp* information for the most part! Anyway, so it states that you should put the heater beside the filter even temperature throughout the tank. Is this true and where do you place your heater? Does it make a difference if the tank is divided?
Back to top Go down
1fish2fish
Administrator
1fish2fish

PostSubject: Re: Aquarium heater placement   Aquarium heater placement EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 1:26 am

I try to put mine near the filter but honestly if you have appropriate water circulation throughout the tank it shouldn't matter.
Back to top Go down
https://bettahbettas.forumotion.com
vaygirl
Administrator
vaygirl

PostSubject: Re: Aquarium heater placement   Aquarium heater placement EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 1:28 am

I read that somewhere as well. I think it was with the booklet that my 16g kit came with. I try to do this with most aquariums but on some of them it would be too crowded or doesn't look right. I might try to rearrange things after hearing this again!
Back to top Go down
LionCalie

LionCalie

PostSubject: Re: Aquarium heater placement   Aquarium heater placement EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 2:57 am

In my 20 gallon freshwater tropical tank I don't think it's an issue because I have an air stone in the middle to move the water around. However, in my divided 10 gallon for the Bettas with the filter on one side and the heater on the other, I could feel noticeable cold and warm spots. So I moved the heater on the side with the filter, even though it doesn't look as good. Oh well tongue
Back to top Go down
nochoramet

nochoramet

PostSubject: Re: Aquarium heater placement   Aquarium heater placement EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 1:20 am

I have mine beside the filter just because I'm OCD and like it to look symmetrical lol!
Back to top Go down
cajunamy
cajunamy

PostSubject: Re: Aquarium heater placement   Aquarium heater placement EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 7:04 am

I try to put mine near filters too. But like Jackie said, if you have good circulation it doesn't matter.

And btw Amanda, I always think your posts are mine ... our AV pix are eerily similar lol
Back to top Go down
http://cajunbettafish.wordpress.com
Bahamut285
Bahamut285

PostSubject: Re: Aquarium heater placement   Aquarium heater placement EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 6:41 pm

If I can, I put it on the SAME side as the filter. However I put the thermometer on the OPPOSITE side of the HEATER. So it depends on where the tank is located. On my desk, I have the thermometers close by so I can read it easily while sitting down. This means that one of my tanks has the heater on the opposite side of the filter Razz
Back to top Go down
cajunamy
cajunamy

PostSubject: Re: Aquarium heater placement   Aquarium heater placement EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 6:48 pm

I do the same with the thermometer - opposite side of the heater
Back to top Go down
http://cajunbettafish.wordpress.com
Sweeda88
Sweeda88

PostSubject: Re: Aquarium heater placement   Aquarium heater placement EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 6:58 pm

I have them beside the filter. On one tank, it's divided so if I have the heater next to the filter, I feel it gets circulated more evenly. On my 10 gallon Platy tank, the filter is on the end, so I have the heater there as well. I think it circulates the heat better.
Back to top Go down
kathstew

kathstew

PostSubject: Re: Aquarium heater placement   Aquarium heater placement EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 11:01 am

Near the filter.
I find it circulates the heat better. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aquarium heater placement   Aquarium heater placement Empty

Back to top Go down

Aquarium heater placement
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bettah Bettas :: Betta Care :: General Care-
Jump to: