Bettah Bettas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bettah Bettas

A place to learn about bettas and share your finned friends.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Container Garden

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
1fish2fish
Administrator
1fish2fish

My Container Garden Empty
PostSubject: My Container Garden   My Container Garden EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 8:52 pm

This is one of my newer hobbies. Come spring I plan to have my entire porch full of plants, and veggies Very Happy

I rescued these babies from Lowe's. They were each marked down to 0.25c apiece with the exception of the little blue flowers which were .50c for a larger bunch. In total I spent like $5 on all these plant.

Being the truly inspired person I am I found a way to make containers, without having to pay for expensive pots... storage bins! I used a screw driver to poke holes in the bottom for drainage and then use the lid to catch the water as it comes through (which is then recycled BACK into the watering can).

My stand (excuse the mess... I was in the middle of getting rid of old stuff and doing some pre-spring cleaning). The stand also came from Lowes and was $15 (regularly $20).
My Container Garden ContainerGarden069

Close ups.
My Container Garden ContainerGarden067

My Container Garden ContainerGarden066

My Container Garden ContainerGarden061

My Container Garden ContainerGarden057

My Container Garden ContainerGarden056

My Container Garden ContainerGarden055

My hanging basket. This originally had a mum in it but it died so I threw out the dead plant but kept the pot.
My Container Garden ContainerGarden058

This summer I plan to have tomatoes and possibly some cabbage/lettuce as well as lots of flowers of course Very Happy

Back to top Go down
https://bettahbettas.forumotion.com
CodeRed

CodeRed

PostSubject: Re: My Container Garden   My Container Garden EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 11:10 pm

I cant ever keep plants alive but these are gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
cajunamy
cajunamy

PostSubject: Re: My Container Garden   My Container Garden EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 7:06 am

so pretty! I can never keep anything alive either - maybe 3 months but that's about it.
Back to top Go down
http://cajunbettafish.wordpress.com
1fish2fish
Administrator
1fish2fish

PostSubject: Re: My Container Garden   My Container Garden EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 12:05 am

I had a hard time keeping them alive this summer... I realized that I'm going to have to water twice a day to keep them from scorching. My porch gets FULL sun and everything dries out really fast if I don't water daily.
Back to top Go down
https://bettahbettas.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Container Garden   My Container Garden Empty

Back to top Go down

My Container Garden
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bettah Bettas :: Off Topic :: The Lounge-
Jump to: