Bettah Bettas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bettah Bettas

A place to learn about bettas and share your finned friends.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The extremes of tail biting

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
vaygirl
Administrator
vaygirl

The extremes of tail biting Empty
PostSubject: The extremes of tail biting   The extremes of tail biting EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 6:58 pm

I never dealt with tail biting in my bettas til Logan. I will never know what set him off but now he seems determined to keep his tail a certain length. He's also eaten his own dorsal down to a nub. In my experience, all I needed for healing was clean water. Thankfully, Logan takes breaks from biting and doesn't do it continuously or I think it would be much different. If your body is constantly having to reheal itself, that may leave it open to other infections or parasites. I have two videos to share. One is the extreme case where he removed his dorsal and most of his tail. It's sort of painful to look at, so watch at your own risk. The second is growth after about 3 months. Keep in mind that he bites during that time too, so it will always be a 'star tail'.

Back to top Go down
cajunamy
cajunamy

The extremes of tail biting Empty
PostSubject: Re: The extremes of tail biting   The extremes of tail biting EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 12:37 am

In the first video he's all MAUM, IT'S OK! I'M OK! but the second he is all 'PISS OFF LADY'
Back to top Go down
http://cajunbettafish.wordpress.com

The extremes of tail biting
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bettah Bettas :: Betta Care :: Health and Disease-
Jump to: